I am an active community member:
- Active member of Holy Trinity Anglican Church
- Founding Committee Member of Run Merrickville
- A Founding Member of Merrickville’s Rogue Poets
- Served on the executive of the Road to Bethlehem
- Founding board member for the Sharing Table
- Volunteer at Loaves and Fishes in Brockville
- Founding Board member for the Friends of Crysler’s Farm Group
- Led a church youth group
- Chaired a Regional Child and Youth Committee
Work and Education History:
- Councillor for Merrickville Ward on the Merrickville-Wolford Council 2014-2018
- Licensed Private Investigator.
- Retired in 2012 from the Ontario Provincial Police.
- Detective Constable managing the Firearms Program in Eastern Region.
- Former Instructor Police Foundations at Algonquin College
- Graduate of Conestoga College, Journalism
- Graduate of the University of Waterloo, BA
- Graduate of the Police Association Certified Executive program.
- Served on the Ontario Provincial Police Association (10 South Branch) as Director, Secretary and Vice President
My wife, Sally, and I have lived in Merrickville since 2001. We have been married since 1974 and have 6 children and 3 grandchildren. I am an avid amateur photographer, an amateur poet and amateur musician playing both the bodhran (Celtic drum) and guitar.